Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about Jefferson Commons apartments? Search for an answer among the following FAQs.
- How close to grounds are you?
- Jefferson Commons is steps away from Grounds, the Corner and the Medical Center.
- How do I apply?
- You can apply online at www.jeffersoncommonsuva.com or stop by our leasing office at 301 N.W. 15th Street, Charlottesville VA 22903
- If I am over 21 do I need a guarantor?
Yes. All leases are required to have a guarantor. If an approved guarantor cannot be obtained, EdR Management, Inc. will accept a security deposit. The security deposit is $500 for the one and two bedroom apartments, and $1000 for a four bedroom apartment.
- Is parking available?
- Reserved parking is available at Jefferson Commons. Additional parking spots are available at GrandMarc at the Corner. Please call 434-293-5787 for more info.
- What do I need to hook up my computer to the internet?
- Our internet is provided through an Ethernet system. Your computer will need an Ethernet card and cat5 cable. Most computers purchased within the last few years will have a built in Ethernet card.
- If I pay in full, do I get a discount?
- At this time there is no discount for paying your rent in advance.
- Will you send me a bill each month for rent?
- We do not offer a billing service for rent. However, you will receive a monthly statement for your water and sewage usage.
- What types of apartments are available?
- Twenty 4-bedroom units as well as two 1-bedroom units.
- When can I move in?
- We have 12 month leases that start in June, July, and August. Perfect for summer school and/or grad school students looking for an earlier move-in date!